Motion sickness is mainly triggered by movement (motion).
The condition occurs because the movements that your inner ear senses are different from what your eyes are seeing.
For instance, when traveling via sea, your inner ears will sense movement left and right, up and down but your eyes will see a motionless view.
The conflicting information between the inner ears and eye sends a mixed signal to the brain which in turn triggers the symptoms of nausea, vomiting, and migraines among many others.
Common causes of motion sickness:
- Traveling on an empty stomach
- Not having access to fresh air
- Using electronic devices such as smartphone, iPod and tablets
- Reading books when traveling
- Sitting while facing the opposite direction to the direction of motion.
- Sitting at the back of the car or train.
What are the symptoms of motion sickness?
Common symptoms of motion sickness include:
- Loss of balance
- Excess sweating
- Experiencing short episodes of short breath
- Dizziness and drowsiness
- Constant yawning
- Feeling of unease
Get in touch with us to escape motion sickness and start enjoying your life!